Are you coming to the OLA Super Conference 2017 and not sure where to start? Check out these sessions below, and don’t forget to attend the iSchool alumni reception or FIMS alumni reception on February 2nd!
If you’re a special librarian or non-traditional information professional, these sessions are for you:
Day 1 – February 1
- Rapid Accessibility Testing Live!
- Understanding Metrics: How To Use Key Indicators On Information Seeking Behaviour To Make Practical And Strategic Decisions For Your Library
- Beyond MarcEditor: Intermediate and Advanced Tools for Your Metadata Automation
- Going Grey: Utilizing Metadata to Describe Non-Traditional Materials
- Getting Down to Business Librarianship: Networking event hosted by ABEL
Day 2 – February 2
- An Introduction to Prospect Research: A Growing Field for Information Professinals
- Tales from the Data Keeper
- Thinking Outside the Library
- Party of One: The Lives of Solo Librarian
- Register for the evening iSchool Reception. More details on the University of Toronto iSchool website.
- Register for the evening FIMS Reception. More details on the University of Western Ontario website.
Day 3 – February 3
- Surviving Your Job Search: Hands-On Career Design for New Professionals
- Agile for Libraries
- Your government, your publications! Adding New MARC21 Records to Your Catalogue with Help from Library and Archives Canada
- Building Community Through Library Events: How to Plan, Execute, and Assess a Successful Library Event
- Entreprecurious? How Academic Libraries can Support Startups
- Why can’t I find this online? Investigating Persistent Access To Print And Digital Government Information
See you at the conference!
[Photo credit: Ontario Library Association, IMG_6687 on Flickr]